Say hello to an animal like no other. Trained in collaboration with the experts at Walkinshaw, the new Amarok V6 W-Series is an aggressive, high-performance beast with an unbreakable spirit. Reared to rule the road, this enhanced Amarok is a force to be reckoned with.
You’ll soon discover the unbreakable spirit of the new Amarok V6 W580X. Try to wrangle this wild beast but understand that it will always make a break for open pastures.
Volkswagen has teamed up with performance leaders Walkinshaw to create an irrepressible beast that simply can’t be confined to the road. 580kW of torque, special off-road 4x4 tuning, front suspension lift and custom body protection mean the off-road is where it longs to be.
Grab the reins and hold on tight.
Climb into raw power refined and discover enhancements such as black interior headlining, LED fog lamps, a multi-function steering wheel, tailored carpet mats, dual-zone climatronic air conditioning and much more.
Synonymous with success both on and off the track, Walkinshaw took the tough Amarok V6 ladder chassis and created a true performance machine. Tuned as a GT, the Amarok V6 W-Series delivers an exhilarating drive experience on all fronts.
Aggressively styled to reflect its abilities, the Amarok V6 W-Series earns itself an all-new front grille, wheel arch flare extensions, molded sports bars and custom forged 20” Clayton alloy wheels. If that wasn’t enough, the unique decals and Walkinshaw branding is there to let people know it’s in a class of its own.
The Amarok V6 W-Series might be wild at heart but on the road it’s as focused as they come. Engineered with superior steering, a retuned GT suspension and large Pirelli Scorpion ATR tyres, you’ll find perfect balance wherever the road takes you.
You don’t become the most powerful ute in your class without packing some serious punch. With class-leading torque, the W-Series’ peak power surges to 200kW on Overboost to get from 0-100km in just 7.3 seconds.
Sometimes it’s the little things that truly make an impact. Take the tuned twin exhaust with branded tips for example, subtle but unique in every way.
Only available on the W580S
Engineered for an all-round aggressive look, the front suspension has been lifted and tuned to effortlessly tackle any terrain in style. The 3,500kg Braked Towing Capacity means you don’t have to be shy when you load them up either.
Boasting a crystal clear colour touch screen, the Composition Media system in the W580 and the Discover Media Navigation system in the W580S has everything you need to keep you and your passengers entertained with the latest multimedia functions, including App-Connect4 and Bluetooth®.
Experience complete control with the Amarok V6 W-Series built-in Electronic Stabilisation Programme. Trained to prevent understeer or oversteer, the ESP kicks in if you start to skid, helping to apply the brakes to individual wheels and adjusting the engine’s power output to correct the problem.
When new paths need to be forged and you head off-road, the ABS can reduce the stopping distance on loose surfaces at the press of a button. When this is activated, the wheels lock up in a controlled manner so that gravel or sand from the ground build up in front of each wheel, reducing the stopping distance.5
The Multi-Collision Brake systemapplies the brakes to slow the vehicle to 10km/h when airbag sensors detect a collision, so that a secondary impact will be lessened or avoided. During braking, the hazard and brake lights are illuminated and remain activated. The driver can take over at any time.5
Trailer Stabilisationcomplements the Electronic Stabilisation Program. If your trailer starts to fluctuate heavily, the system slows it down through controlled braking and reduced engine torque – steadying the trailer and increasing driving safety.5
A little more won't hurt. Add even more function to your new vehicle with a selection of accessories.
Optional accessories at extra cost. Overseas models are shown for illustrative purposes only6.
Enjoy safe towing and braking with trailers, camper/caravan trailers and boat trailers. Two types of braking: proportional mode (inertia sensing) for highway conditions and user controlled model for off-road driving.
The Amarok roll cover hard lid brings a new level of versatility and practicality to your cargo area. With multiple opening positions and integrated side channels allowing easy and secure installation of the cargo carriers.
The Volkswagen Amarok soft tonneau cover offers protection from the elements while ensuring you can access your load with ease.
The platform system takes transportation to an innovative level becoming the ultimate load carrying solution for Amarok. Accessories to complement this product include side rails, accessory bar (for roof carrier attachments such as bicycle carrier, roof box etc), eye bolt kit and ratchet strap system.
Load capacity: 75kg.
As robust as the Amarok itself. The Amarok towbar has been perfectly designed and engineered to integrate with the Amarok chassis.
Please refer to the owners manual or vehicle specifications for towing capacities8.
1. on Overboost
2. For illustrative purposes only. This is not an exact reproduction of the exterior colours or upholstery colours, please contact your Volkswagen dealer for further information on colours and upholstery combinations.
3. Leather appointed seats have a combination of genuine and artificial leather, but are not wholly leather.
4. Wireless App-Connect featuring wireless Apple CarPlay® & wireless Android Auto™ is compatible for selected apps with the latest smartphone versions of iOS and Android, active data service required, optional connection cable (sold separately).
5. Safety technologies are designed to assist the driver, but should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices.
6. Overseas models may be shown for illustrative purposes only. Please note that the above accessories may have an effect on fuel efficiency. Optional item, at extra cost. For a full range of Volkswagen Genuine Accessories, please visit an authorised Volkswagen Dealer.
7. For Amaroks fitted with factory styling bars the Amarok Premium Roll Cover can only be purchased in conjunction with a Sports bar adaptor kit. Items such as sports equipment and tablets are shown for illustration purposes only and are not available for purchase from Volkswagen Group Australia or its Dealers.
8. Towing capacities are applicable to Volkswagen Genuine Accessory Tow Bar. Towing capacity figures are maximum figures and actual towing capacity depends on factors including the laden mass of the vehicle, driving conditions and fitment of any accessories. Volkswagen Group Australia does not endorse or will not be held liable for any claim, loss or damage arising from the use or fitment of electronic trailer brakes.
Download the brochure and specifications for all the facts and figures.